Thursday, November 8, 2007

BFS Assignment #8 - Share Your Dirty Laundry

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Hmm…How many are thinking what is this assignment going to be? My laundry or something hidden deep within that you haven’t shared? Let me end the suspense and say BOTH! Keep in mind that these assignments are meant to stretch you and encourage you to creatively blog.

Part A - Share about your family’s laundry. Where is it kept? Who does it? How does your family sort it? Do you wash by hand? Hang clothes on the clothesline? Make your own laundry soap? How often do you do laundry? How many loads each day/week? Indoor laundry room, in the garage, or laundry mat? Even more fun…share a picture!

Part B - Do you have an area in your life that you know that the Lord is tugging at some heart strings that needs to be cleaned up? Have a testimony of your past struggle(s) that might help another homeschooling mom? Share a piece of your heart (dirty laundry) that you are seeking a good washing or how it got cleaned up. Sharing with one another is a great way to have your post feel human and real.

Part C - FIND a scripture this week that pertains to this assignment to help you with your laundry and share it this week.

A. All our laundry is done in our laundry room and by me. I'd love to have a clothesline but with four dogs between my cousin (and neighbor) and myself I don't think this would work. I try to do at least two loads of laundry a day. I have no problem with the washing and drying of the clothes but I find myself wishing there was a laundry fairy to come put everything away sweet_bear. Below is a picture of our laundry room which doubles as extra storage space as you can see by the not so well hidden boxes beside the dryer and the stack of stuff from our recent trip to Sam's Club.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

B. The Lord has been dealing with me in the area of patience and kindness. Nearly two years ago He set our family on the path of discovering the Hebrew Roots of our Faith. Last year brought on many changes including giving up Christmas, Easter, and halloween. These days were spent arguing with my family over why or why not we should celebrate certain holidays. In the end we both ended up with hurt feelings and neither of us had any better understanding of the other's point of view. As the holiday season approached this year I vowed not to let the same arguments occur. When we were sent a invitation to my parent's halloween/harvest party everything in me screamed that we should stay at home. However, I knew that this would hurt my parents feelings and after much prayer we decided to attend and not participate in the activities that we didn't agree with. We had a nice time and managed to get through the evening with nary a argument. With the Lord's help I was able to have patience and hold my tongue and my parent's didn't have a single negative thing to say. In fact they even agreed to attend a Hanukkah dinner at our house next month. We now have a opportunity to show my parents how and why we celebrate the Biblical Holidays and perhaps this will ease my mother's worry that we are downplaying the role of our Messiah in doing so. Yeshua(Jesus) is the center of each and every holiday that we celebrate and showing them this in action will go so much farther than arguing over doctrine.

**Note** I know discussion of the Biblical Holidays can be somewhat controversial. For any of my readers that celebrate Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc. I don't want you to feel in any way I am condemning you for celebrating them. I know that this is the path that the Lord has set my family upon but not necessarily one that everyone agrees with. I've come to realize that this is a area which is best left up to agreeing to disagree upon.

C.

2 Timothy 2:22-24

22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.




0 Blessings:

Newer Post Older Post Home